Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa Guidance
Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa allows people who meet the eligibility criteria to come to the UK to work. This visa provides working rights to researchers, creative and sport persons. It also provides an opportunity for charity and religious workers to live in the UK for a temporary period.
The Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa consists of six main categories under the Point-Based Immigration System.
The Tier 5 Temporary Work visa categories are:
- Creative and Sporting Visas: For those in the performing arts, and sportspeople established at elite levels. Maximum visa length of 12 months, and your family is permitted to enter the UK with you.
- Charity Worker Visa: For those engaged in unpaid charitable work. Maximum visa length of 12 months, and your family is permitted to enter the UK with you.
- Religious Worker Visa: For those involved in religious work (i.e. preaching or pastoral care). Maximum visa length of two years, and your family is permitted to enter the UK with you.
- Government Authorised Exchange Visas: For those entering the UK under approved government schemes to undertake work experience opportunities in the UK. Maximum visa length of two years, and your family is permitted to enter the UK with you.
- International Agreement Visas: For people employed under international agreements (i.e. GATS, overseas government organisation employees, and servants employed privately in diplomatic households). Maximum visa length of two years, and your family is permitted to enter the UK with you.
- Youth Mobility Scheme: For youth between the ages of 18 and 30 who are nationals of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Monaco, South Korea, or Taiwan, or youth with British Overseas citizenship, British Overseas Territories Citizens, or British Nationals Overseas. This visa allows the holder to work in the UK for a maximum of two years. Your family are not permitted to enter the UK with you. Please see Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa for details.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa?
The eligibility criteria for a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa includes:
- a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from a Tier 5 Sponsor License holder.
- £945 in savings to support yourself. This sum must have been in your bank account for 90-days before you apply. If you are sponsored by an employer with an A-rating who states on your Certificate of Sponsorship that they will certify your maintenance, you will not need to show you have £945 in savings.
Each category of the Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa has unique eligibility requirements. Our immigration lawyers can assist you with assessing whether you meet them.
How Do I Apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa?
Applications for a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa can be made online unless you are applying from North Korea. If you are already in the UK, you can only extend or switch to this visa. You will be required to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application along with the application fee. Our team will guide you through every step.
What Documents Will I Need to Provide for My Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa?
You will need to provide the following documents with your application (note – this list is not exhaustive):
- a valid passport or travel document
- bank statements showing you have the required maintenance funds
- the results of a tuberculosis test (if applicable)
You should be mindful that each category of the Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa requires different supporting documents and we will be able to assist you with collating these and submitting them correctly.
What Are the Advantages of the Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa?
The Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa provides an opportunity people to enter the UK on a short-term basis. It is highly valuable to employers who wish to take advantage of global mobility and talent on a temporary basis. It is especially useful if international talent is required for a short-term project.
What if My Application is Refused for Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa?
If your visa is refused, our team can advise you on the options available to you. The options available to you, following a refusal are as follows:
It can be helpful instructing experienced lawyer at the beginning of your application to ensure visa application is successful.
Why Choose A Y & J Solicitors to Help You Obtain a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa?
At A Y & J Solicitors, we understand how important it is for our clients to have their visa applications submitted with accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency. We have assisted hundreds of individuals and employers. Our lawyers can provide expert advice, representation and help you to submit the application correctly, minimising the risk of refusal.
Our team are friendly and supportive and will ensure you are kept up-to-date with the progress of your application at every stage.
You can view a list of UK Sponsor Licence holders here. To retain an A-rated Sponsor Licence, an employer must comply with extensive UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) duties and responsibilities.
The four programmes are:
- Work Experience Programme – this provides for internships and job shadowing
- Research Programme – for work on a specific scientific, academic, medical, or government research project
- Training Programme – for those wishing to undertake a formal, practical training programme in science and/or This would normally lead to a professional qualification
- Overseas Government Language Programme – for language teachers sponsored by a foreign government to carry out teaching placements in the UK
Success Story on Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa
Critical Compliance Gaps Discovered During Tier 5 Sponsor Licence Audit
We were instructed by a client ‘EE’ who holds a Tier 5 (Creative & Supporting) Sponsor Licence to conduct a Sponsor Licence Audit. Celebrity Attracting Sponsor Requests Tier 5 Sponsor Licence Compliance Audit EE has played a major part in bringing internationally renowned Indian artists and celebrities to the UK such as Oscar Winner Indian…
A Y & J Solicitors’ Review
My experience with A Y & J Solicitors was really good. Very detailed and knowledgeable. All my questions were answered on time. They are very approachable and friendly. I would highly recommend them – it may be very simple query or a very complex case; you can trust them.
Having found myself in a rather sticky situation I was desperate for advice/help/guidance. I found A Y & J Solicitors through a friend and with in minutes into my first phone call to them, felt a sense of tremendous peace of mind which I had longed for. Mr Yash spoke very professionally and together with his team went on to do the almost impossible and secure an ‘Out of time’ extremely complicated Tier 2 application for myself and a spouse visa for my wife. Yes they are expensive. But their services are well worth it. They are direct & almost every step of the way they were transparent and kept me updated on the status as and when they knew anything. With out a doubt, I can easily say that our experience with them has been fantastic and would highly recommend their services to any one i know that is looking for a good immigration solicitor. Keep up the excellent work Mr. Yash. God Bless. Thumbs up to the excellent team they have.
I went to Globevisas on a friend’s recommendation and I’m glad I did that. These guys are very helpful and they know what they’re talking about. My ILR application was an extremely smooth experience and was granted without any hassles at all. I would recommend Globevisas to anyone who is looking for help to sort out their visa issues!