At A Y & J Solicitors, we are committed to providing honest, high-quality service. Therefore, our fees policy is fair, transparent, and simple to understand.
15-minute Free Consultation
We provide 15-minutes free consultation to check the merits of your immigration matter.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE AT THIS STAGE. To ensure our fee structure is clear and you do not receive any unexpected charges on the final invoice, we provide a free 15-minute consultation during which one of our qualified lawyers will find out about your legal matter, evaluate the merits of your case, and determine whether we can be of any help or not. Because our staff are highly experienced in immigration law, they can quickly establish whether or not your legal matter has merit. We share our honest opinion, so you do not commit time and money to a case which has little chance of success. If we believe that pursuing your legal matter is not in your best interests, we will be upfront and inform you of this from the outset.
If we agree your matter is worth pursuing, you wish to instruct us, and we agree to accept your instructions, our fees are as follows:
Our hourly rate: GBP 300.00 + VAT = GBP 360.00
Our charge for initial consultations ranges between GBP 180.00 inclusive of VAT and GBP 360.00 inclusive of VAT. This is based upon an hourly rate of GBP 360.00 inclusive of VAT. Generally speaking, initial consultations take between 30 minutes and 60 minutes to complete.
The exact cost of the initial consultation would depend on the circumstances in your case.
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you can provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
The work involved in the initial consultation includes:
- discussing your circumstances and deciding the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you,
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria and
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how.
Interpreter fees and other disbursements (not included in costs set out above)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as interpreters. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Please note, interpreters are not required in many cases we handle. Normally, interpreters’ fees are charged at GBP 100 – 150 per hour (this may or may not exclude VAT). This is in addition to our fees as set out above. The initial consultation will normally require between 30 minutes to one hour with an interpreter (if applicable), depending on the complexity of your case.
Our hourly rate: GBP 300.00 + VAT = GBP 360.00
On average, this type of work takes between 5-15 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between GBP 1800.00 and GBP 5,400.00 (including VAT). All figures include VAT unless specifically stated otherwise.
The exact time spent and fees charged will depend on the circumstances in your case, for example:
- how straight-forward your case is in terms of the law;
- the amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider;
- which language(s) you speak;
- whether you are applying with other dependants
If you can provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of the GBP 1,800.00 to GBP 5,400 price range.
The work for your immigration application/appeal will involve:
- discussing your circumstances and options throughout the process;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 1-2 hours*;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 2 to 7 hours*;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements from any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 2-6 hours*;
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the number of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing, and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.
Disbursements are not included in costs set out above.
Visa fees and other disbursements
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. All costs quoted below are inclusive of any applicable VAT unless stated otherwise.
- Please note, interpreters are not required in many cases we handle. Normally, interpreters’ fees are charged at GBP 100 – 150 per hour (this may or may not exclude VAT). This is in addition to our fees as set out above. The initial consultation will normally require between 30 minutes to one hour with an interpreter (if applicable), depending on the complexity of your case.
- Please note, barristers (specialists in attending and arguing at Court) are not required in many cases we handle. If a barrister is needed it should be noted that our preferred barristers’ fees are generally charged at GBP 250 to GBP 350 per hour, depending on the experience of the barrister. This kind of application will normally require between 2-5 hours of the Barrister’s time (if applicable), depending on the complexity of your case.
- Independent expert reports, e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview with the authorities and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 2-6 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary, and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate and at times fixed fees (wherever possible) once we have more information about your specific case.
Who will be dealing with my case?
Your case will be handled by one of our trusted advisers. We have a number of qualified lawyers, and an Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) registered adviser on our team, as well as experienced immigration law paralegals. Once we know who will be handling your case, we will introduce you to them and provide you with full details of their background and qualifications. Full details of the experience and qualifications of our team are available on our website including the types of work normally undertaken.
Regardless of who is working on your case, the matter shall be supervised by one of the solicitors (wherever applicable), who include:
- LLB – Government Law College – India
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT) – College of Law, London
- 8 years of post-qualified working experience in all aspects of Asylum, Immigration and Nationality law
- Type of Cases dealt with:
- Family & Spouse Visas, Human Rights, Settlements, Nationality, EEA applications, Appeals and Judicial Reviews
Instructing A Y & J Solicitors on an Agreed Fees Basis
An agreed fee arrangement provides certainty of costs.
We believe in offering a Fee Quote that provides our clients with a sense of certainty. That is why, wherever possible, we work on an Agreed Fees basis. This means that when you instruct us, you pay an agreed amount which cannot be varied upwards or downwards. By working with you on an Agreed Fees basis, you can be certain the amount we quote for the work we do is fixed and transparent. This certainty is invaluable for those with complex immigration cases which may take some time to resolve. Businesses needing to carefully manage their cash-flow and budgets when seeking legal advice on Sponsor Licence matters also appreciate the certainty that their final bill will not increase from the agreed amount.
Fees are NOT the only Factor in Choosing a Effective Lawyer
Check our Legal Knowledge, Service Standards, Success Stories, Reviews from clients.
When a person takes the time to research the best immigration lawyer, fees are not the only standard by which they make their choice. We know prospective clients check service standards, knowledge, expertise, successful results, reviews from previous clients, and reliability, etc. Many clients instruct us over the phone, relying on a referral from friends or family and their trust in our service. We understand our responsibility to provide quality, accurate legal advice and representation increases in such circumstances. Hence, whether you choose to have a consultation or instruct us on an Agreed Fee basis, or an hourly rate, you can rely on us, to be honest, transparent, and fully approachable regarding all matters relating to fees. We are always available to answer any questions you may have and are committed to providing exceptional legal advice and representation.