What is the Self-Sponsorship route?
With the Self-Sponsorship route, candidates can apply to work in the United Kingdom for their own company without the need for a UK Sponsor. Moreover, for people planning to settle down in the UK, this could lead to permanent residency and British citizenship for the applicants and their dependents.
Who is this targeted to?
The Self-Sponsorship route is suited for businesses that are looking to expand their business in the United Kingdom and have the capital for it. If you are a successful businessperson who has identified a business opportunity in the United Kingdom, or if you have a brilliant business concept and want to explore it in the United Kingdom, you should definitely take up this path.
The key advantages of Self-sponsorship include:
- You can run, operate, and maintain your company in the United Kingdom.
- You will be able to reside in the UK without fear of losing your visa (i.e. sense of freedom)
Who would be eligible?
Anyone who meets the following requirements is eligible for self-sponsorship:
- The applicant should have some expertise, talent, or qualification in the field in which they intend to start a business.
- The candidate must have a business idea or have identified an existing business in the United Kingdom to expand.
- The applicant must have sufficient financial means to support their intended business in the United Kingdom.
NB: Please keep in mind that there is no requirement for a minimum or maximum investment in your business venture. It might range from £25,000 or more, depending on your business needs.
- The applicant has acquaintance with a UK local, who is settled in the country or is a British citizen, to take on the obligations of the Authorising Officer.
- The candidate must sit and pass the approved English language test at Level B1.
This is a basic level of English language proficiency.