The Super Priority Visa Service Offered to Applicants and Their Families
On 5 November 2018, the Same Day Visa Premium Service and the Super Premium Service have been replaced with the Super Priority Visa Services. The service is provided by a third party in partnership with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and will offer priority and super priority service to Applicants and their families.
The Priority Service will allow Applicants to have their application processed and decided within ten working days from the date they attend a pre-arranged appointment.
In the case of the Super Priority Service Applicants will have their applications processed and decided within 24 hours.
The UKVI has provided the service at 57 locations across the country.
The changes offer a streamlined journey for those applying for leave to remain and settlement in the United Kingdom. The services provide the Applicant with the opportunity to self-upload the evidence for their application or have the documents scanned at the appointment.
Premium Service Appointment Booking
To book the Premium or Super Priority appointment, applicants are required to follow the following steps:
- Access to a phone or PC, and internet connection,
- Accurately complete the online application
- Review and submit the online application, and
- Pay for the online application.
Depending on the immigration category you are applying under, you may be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS).
Once you have completed the above steps, you will be asked to arrange an appointment.
Services Offered Using the Premium Visa Service for Your UK Visa
The service offers three different types of service points, and these are as follows:
- Core Service Points – offers both free of charge appointments and out of hours appointments bookable for a fee
- Enhanced Service Points – offer an inclusive package of extra services, such as document checking in advance of your appointment and document digitisation at the service point
- Premium Lounge – offers a personalised customer experience
How the changes may affect you
When using the service, you can choose to book an appointment as follow:
- Up to 28 days in advance
- The same day
- The next day, or
- Outside of standard office hours
Which Immigration Categories Can Qualify for Super Priority Service?
According to the UKVI, all applications qualify for the service as the submissions are made online. However, depending on the immigration category a limited number of applications are eligible for the Super Priority Service. The following categories which are now eligible for the Super Priority Service are:
- FLR (M)
- Tier 2 (General) leave to remain and settlement
- Long Residence
- SET (M)
- SET(O), depending on the category you were granted leave to remain
The below categories are not yet eligible for the Super Priority Service:
- FLR (FP)
- SET (O)
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Extension and Settlement
- British Citizenship
How can A Y & J Solicitors Help you to Proceed with the Super Priority Service?
If you are looking for a professional to handle your immigration visa, A Y & J Solicitors offer several services to their clients in securing their visas.
The Comprehensive Service:
- We advise you and your family members on the documents you require for your application
- We review your documents
- We complete your online application form
- We upload your documents online
- We arrange an appointment for you
- We prepare legal representations outlining the reasons why your application should succeed
- We attend with you the appointment at the designated location.
The Checking Service:
- We review your online application
- We review your documents which you have uploaded online
- We advise on the merits of your application and any changes to your documents
- We attend with you the appointment at the designated location
What Documents Do I Need to Provide When Attending a Premium or Super Priority Visa Service Appointment?
When you arrive at your appointment, you should be at least 15 minutes early to go through security.
You will need to bring the following with you:
- Confirmation that you have arranged an appointment
- Your passport
- Your BRP, and
- A full pack of your original documents in the event some of your scanned documents have not been uploaded correctly
- Your completed application form for the service you are applying for
- Any supporting documents for your visa application
The Home Office fee for the Super Priority Visa Service is £800 plus the appointment fee which can vary between £50 to £260 (for premium lounge appointments). Please note that not all appointments are subject to an additional fee depending on the centres and hours you wish to attend.
What to Expect on the Day of Your Appointment?
On the day of your appointment at the location you have chosen:
- You will be asked to show your appointment confirmation – displaying a bar code
- You will be expected to show your original ID
- You will be expected to enrol your biometric information (fingerprints, photograph) and digital signature
- You will be expected to present your supporting documents (unless you have self-upload this)
What Are the Advantages of Using the Super Priority Visa Service?
By using the Super Priority Visa Service, you can be confident international business meetings or pre-booked holidays do not have to be cancelled due to delays in having your leave to remain application processed.
At present, applications can take between two to six months to be approved via the standard service. Being able to have your leave to remain or settlement approved within ten days (priority) or 24 hours (super priority) means you and your family do not have to face lengthy delays.
What if my appointment is cancelled?
If the appointment is cancelled for reasons beyond your control, for example, the building must be evacuated because of a fire alarm or the IT system has gone down, your fee will be refunded. You cannot reschedule the appointment using the online tool; rather you will need to cancel the appointment and request a refund. You can then book a new appointment.
To avoid wasting time and money, instruct our team to assist you. Our lawyers will provide you with the confidence that everything you need for your appointment will be available and all the required payments have been made correctly.
Most applications using the Super Priority Service are processed within 24 hours. Once approved, you will normally receive your biometric information within 7-10 days.
Yes, you will need to sit the Life in the UK test if you are between 18 and 65 years old. Also, you will need to meet the English language requirements.
There are several situations in which the premium service cannot be used. These include those who are elderly dependents, cases which fall outside the Immigration Rules, and those with complex immigration cases. You can see a full list of those who are ineligible to use the service here.
A Y & J Solicitors’ Review
My experience with A Y & J Solicitors was really good. Very detailed and knowledgeable. All my questions were answered on time. They are very approachable and friendly. I would highly recommend them – it may be very simple query or a very complex case; you can trust them.
Having found myself in a rather sticky situation I was desperate for advice/help/guidance. I found A Y & J Solicitors through a friend and with in minutes into my first phone call to them, felt a sense of tremendous peace of mind which I had longed for. Mr Yash spoke very professionally and together with his team went on to do the almost impossible and secure an ‘Out of time’ extremely complicated Tier 2 application for myself and a spouse visa for my wife. Yes they are expensive. But their services are well worth it. They are direct & almost every step of the way they were transparent and kept me updated on the status as and when they knew anything. With out a doubt, I can easily say that our experience with them has been fantastic and would highly recommend their services to any one i know that is looking for a good immigration solicitor. Keep up the excellent work Mr. Yash. God Bless. Thumbs up to the excellent team they have.
I went to Globevisas on a friend’s recommendation and I’m glad I did that. These guys are very helpful and they know what they’re talking about. My ILR application was an extremely smooth experience and was granted without any hassles at all. I would recommend Globevisas to anyone who is looking for help to sort out their visa issues!