Self-Sponsorship Route Guide
What is the Self-Sponsorship route?
With the Self-Sponsorship route, candidates can apply to work in the United Kingdom for their own company without the need for a UK Sponsor. Moreover, for people planning to settle down in the UK, this could lead to permanent residency and British citizenship for the applicants and their dependents.
Who is this targeted to?
The Self-Sponsorship route is suited for businesses that are looking to expand their business in the United Kingdom and have the capital for it. If you are a successful businessperson who has identified a business opportunity in the United Kingdom, or if you have a brilliant business concept and want to explore it in the United Kingdom, you should definitely take up this path.
The key advantages of Self-sponsorship include:
- You can run, operate, and maintain your company in the United Kingdom.
- You will be able to reside in the UK without fear of losing your visa (i.e. sense of freedom)
Guide for South Africans to apply for a UK Visa
South Africans have been increasingly looking to move their businesses to new places, and the UK sees this as an opportunity to grow. Along with the need to set up their business, the UK is a great place to study as they have some of the best colleges known to man.
This guide will provide answers to all your questions about UK visa applications for South Africans planning to move to the UK.
If you’re from South Africa, this guide can be your new best friend. From selecting your desires to getting all your documents to knowing waiting periods and visa fees, learn all the UK visa application requirements.
This guide will help you choose the correct UK visa for your circumstances and highlights the following steps to start your application.
1) Visas that allow you visit the UK
- Standard Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Transit visa
- Marriage Visitor visa
- Parent of Tier 4 child visa
2) Visas that let you work in the UK
- Tier 5 visas – Temporary worker
- Charity Worker visa
- Religious Worker visa
- Creative and Sporting visa
- Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
- Government Authorised Exchange visa
- International Agreement visa
3) Long-term work Visa
- Skilled Worker Visa
- Intra-company transfer visa
- Minister of Religion visa (T2)
- Sportsperson visa
4) Tier 1 visas – innovators, start-ups and investors
- Innovator visa
- Start-up visa
- Investor visa
5) Tier 4 visas
- Child student visa
- General student visa
Sole Representative Visa Guide
Businesses based overseas can benefit from the Sole Representative Visa to establish a presence in Britain and test the market, without the overheads associated with setting up a branch office and hiring local staff.
As the fifth-largest economy in the world, the UK offers vast opportunities for innovative organisations ready to expand. For example, the British High Commissioner to India recently stated the UK and India tech industries were a “marriage made in heaven ”. One way to take advantage of the prospects available in Britain is to send a sole representative to ‘dip their toe in the water’, before making a full commitment.
The brochure covers the following details:
- Who is a sole representative?
- What is a Sole Representative visa?
- Eligibility requirements for the sole representative visa
- Documents required for the sole representative visa.
- Advantages of sole representative visa
- Cost of sole representative visa
- About A Y & J Solicitors
Sponsor licence UK guide 2022
The Home office will grant a sponsorship licence to UK employers who wish to employ non-UK workers through the new points-based system, under routes such as the Skilled Worker visa.
If your organisation does not hold a valid sponsorship licence, you cannot hire overseas talent coming to the UK after 1 January 2021 or extend visas for current sponsored staff.
You need to be fully aware of your immigration duties & have standard processes and systems in place to maintain records as evidence of your compliance.
Apply for your first licence for access to a bigger talent pool, make an error-free application today that shows your competency to meet immigration duties from day 1.
Failing to submit all the necessary evidence for your application can raise concerns with the Home office on your ability to comply with their rules, resulting in refusal of your application. You may also lose your application fee.
Download our guide carefully curated by business immigration experts to brief you on your immigration duties and understand what is needed to submit a perfectly prepared sponsor licence application.
This brochure on sponsor licences talks about the steps to make a sponsor licence application. An overview of the contents:-
- What is a sponsor licence?
- Why do you need a sponsor licence?
- Who is a skilled worker?
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- Documents required
- How to apply for a sponsor licence?
- How to prepare for Home Office Visits?
- How long does it take to get a sponsor licence?
Global talent UK Guide 2022
Formerly known as Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa, the Global Talent visa offers two categories, Global Talent Exceptional Talent or Global Talent Exceptional Promise for those interested to apply under this category. To be considered for entry under this visa, applicants are required to obtain an endorsement from one of six endorsing bodies recognised by the UK Visas and Immigration.
The great benefits of having this visa are that you can work freely for any employer, be self-employed or administer your own business. The Global Talent visa category carries the latest fast-track scheme for researchers, and world-leading scientists to come and work in the UK.
The new immigration changes brought by the UK government expands on the need of talented skilled workers, hence the process in applying for a Global Talent visa is much simpler. This brochure on Global Talent visa provides you the steps needed to make a Global Talent visa application. An overview of the contents –
- What is a Global Talent visa?
- Who can apply for this visa?
- Why should you opt for a Global Talent visa in 2020?
- What are the requirements of Tech Nation in the field of Digital Technology?
- What documents do you have to provide when applying for this visa?
- How much does a Global Talent visa cost?
- What technical or commercial skill/s do you require?
- Will you be able to obtain British Citizenship with a Global Talent visa?
- What happens when your Global Talent endorsement is refused?