Basic Guide – Applying For Tier 2 Sponsor Licence

The former system of applying for a work permit for each NON-EU skilled worker has been replaced by a program where employers become licensed sponsors and can issue Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) to new NON-EU skilled employees. The employees use these Certificates of Sponsorship to apply to enter the UK or stay in the UK.

A Tier 2 Sponsor Licence is for companies seeking to hire skilled workers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It includes the categories of General, Intra-Company Transfer (ICT), Minister of Religion and Sportsperson.